13 February 2016

The View From a Friend (Part 1) *updated

Starting from this post onwards, I will be posting about the thoughts and opinions I have obtained from my comrades who have went through the tough process as every Sixth Former did from past to present.

Let me introduce him briefly.

He is one of my close friends and we met each other during secondary school and currently, we are still contacting each other . He is a very creative person and always outruns me with his illogical sense of humour (sometimes his reasons are very logical and it is really hard to tackle him back).

He studied in Physics class when he had his STPM and always successfully finds a way in every obstacle he had. This is one of the characters that I really like about him. He only wants to be known as SB7002/1007.

Here are his point of views. Enjoy reading!

1.0 My journey in Form 6

    Hahaha…. it was full of happiness, tears, fun, and most importantly, young and beautiful memories (haha I’m still not old yet at the time I type this). Well, what else to describe? Hmm…. let me think…. aha! Maybe I’ll just talk about my class then. I studied in Lower and Upper 6 Physics, which consisted of 7 students including me. Huh? You ask why my class has so little people in it? Oh, that’s because many of my friends (ex-classmates in Form 5) went to other higher institute such as Matriculation, (which I applied but didn’t get), foundations and other related courses of their dreams.... Although having just 7 people in my class, I find it a whole new experience as there was never so little students in a class before. This gives many new experiences and make me and my classmates even closer to one another, and we called ourselves "The Perfect Seven".
          
     My first semester in form 6 was not going smoothly as I did not adjusted myself to the environment even though it was the place I had my secondary education. Having going back to school made me realized that school is less intensive compared to working, and that made me slacked for a bit. But during my time at form 6, there were many activities that were organized by my school to train and guide us to be more prepared for working environment. I caught up a bit during the second semester, but it’s barely enough as it was just merely a breath I got as the learning gets even tougher. As the saying goes, when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. During the last semester, we (me and my fellow classmates) were already used to the classes and (maybe immune?) to the work given to us. Still, it is very challenging at times, as it was our last semester and our last efforts to go into public universities and towards a better future. Only those who were hardworking will reap their rewards next year March. I really hope that all of the Sixth Formers in my school got what they deserved after their countless efforts.   


2.0 The things I have learned throughout my whole Form 6 journey

     Well, there were many things I have learned during Form 6, such as teamwork (you definitely need this in a class of 7 person including yourself, going solo is not really good, unless you are very very confident and have the ability to do so).

Effective communication is vital, as it is also very important not to offend anybody and make as many friends as possible, as the saying goes, more friends more help.

Determination (never give up no matter what happens). 
Be helpful and thoughtful.
Be brave and bold (Speak up! Say it if you think you don’t know, or it’ll be even more harder to speak up if you did not take the first step towards it).
Initiative, (by being able to do work without having need to be reminded by others, in other words, independent).
            
     And also, not to forget, form 6 is not the same as form 5. You might get results you will be surprised of but remember, you’ll always have people who loves you supporting you, be it your family members such as parents, peers and teachers. Always learn to stand up after falling, you guys are still young and there is so much to see outside after the schooling lives…

KEEP MOVING FORWARD NO MATTER HOW ROUGH THE TIDE AHEAD IS. 



     Finally it’s time for conclusion! Well, as an ex-form 6 student, all I can say it is up to you and your decision as it is your life and your future. To wrap it all up, Form 6 education is some kind of extra intensive class of pre-U to better prepare you for the challenges ahead. For those who is considering to enter Form 6, think carefully before making any decision. Form 6 is no place for the lazy peoples, only for those who is hard working and truly dedicated. Thank you very much for reading this, and I wish you good luck in form 6 and your future!




Sincerely, 
SB7002/1007


 



0 Comments: